If you own an Oklahoma MMJ card, then you’re in good company! More than 151,000 people have applied for and received an MMJ card in Oklahoma since marijuana was legalized for medicinal purposes back in June 2018. Unlike most other states where medical marijuana has been approved by law, Oklahoma has not put a restriction on qualifying conditions. A licensed physician in Oklahoma is allowed to prescribe MMJ for any disorder they feel could be improved by using medical marijuana.
If you don’t already own a card and you’re unsure of how or where to apply for an MMJ card in Oklahoma, we can help you with that. Apply with us online and we will put you in touch with one of our many qualified and licensed medical marijuana doctors. The whole process can be conducted via telemedicine, so there’s no need to leave your house, and we are fully HIPAA-compliant, so you don’t need to worry about privacy. If you’re approved, your Oklahoma MMJ card will be sent to you by mail and you can immediately start using it.
What to look for in MMJ dispensaries in Oklahoma
Getting your OK MMJ card is the first step! You’ll then no doubt want to know about OK medical marijuana dispensaries. Where are the best Oklahoma dispensaries and which are the most popular OK MMJ dispensaries? Well, you’ll be spoilt for choice! There are currently more than 1,500 MMJ dispensaries in Oklahoma, and as there is currently no cap on the number that can open, this figure will no doubt increase.
Before we list our chosen dispensaries, let’s take a look first of all at what makes a good dispensary. Obviously, the product itself is key. Dispensaries that grow their own marijuana onsite are generally the best. Check out the product; feel it, smell it. Is it fresh? Packaging and labelling is important, too. You need to know exactly what you’re buying, and how much. Another thing that the best Oklahoma MMJ dispensaries tend to have in common is the staff. You want your budtender to be knowledgeable and helpful. Hopefully they’ll be friendly and pleasant too – you don’t want the hard sell! A good dispensary will always be able to offer you great advice.
Where are the best Oklahoma dispensaries?
Let’s take a look at our nominated six best OK medical marijuana dispensaries.
- The Urban Wellness dispensary in Oklahoma City. Check out their long list of products and their super reviews. Their website also includes some informative articles and items of news.
- The Green Roots Wellness dispensary – also located in Oklahoma City. They are open every day of the week, including Sundays, and feature daily specials.
- Route 66 dispensary in Tulsa. Their very informative website gives you a lot of useful background on the science behind cannabis.
- T-Town Medical Marijuana dispensary – also based in Tulsa. Again, a very useful website and some great reviews. In addition, they have a retired nurse on duty a few days a week who’s available to help with any questions.
- Eden Pharmaceuticals, Midwest City. This dispensary offers a great product at a great price.
- Hartland Dispensary, Del City. Good quality product and they run a happy hour! The dispensary also keeps a journal for each of its patients, recording what products have been bought and the results from consuming said products.
What these six most popular OK MMJ dispensaries have in common comes down to two things, mainly: product and staff. You need a good choice of different strains and a range of edibles, oils, and all other forms of MMJ to choose from. Then you need a reliable staff member who you trust and get along with to advise you. If your dispensary doesn’t offer these two basics, change it!
A few rules before you head to OK medical marijuana dispensaries
An Oklahoma MMJ card allows you to legally possess the following:
- up to 3 ounces of marijuana;
- no more than 6 mature and 6 seedling marijuana plants;
- 1 ounce of concentrated marijuana;
- 72 ounces of edible marijuana.
The smoking of medical marijuana is allowed wherever regular tobacco smoking is permissible. Obviously there are no restrictions on where you can consume your edible marijuana, but do remember that all forms of MMJ are still illegal under federal law. So you are not allowed to consume marijuana – medical or otherwise – on any Oklahoma federal land. If you want any advice on anything to do with MMJ, then check out the Oklahoma Medical Marijuana Authority, which is the state regulator.
So, armed with the above information, you can now head to one of the best Oklahoma MMJ dispensaries! Remember that they will ask to see your OK MMJ card, so make sure you have it with you and make sure it’s up to date. You only need to renew it every two years in Oklahoma, and we can do that for you at MMJRecs.