Home cultivation of medical marijuana has become popular in Missouri over the last few years. Seed banks have opened across the state and many Missouri MMJ patients are taking the opportunity to grow their own private supply of high-quality medical marijuana. So, how many plants can you grow with a medical card in Missouri? Read on to find out.
Can You Grow MMJ In Missouri?
Yes, it is legal to grow medical marijuana in Missouri if you hold a Missouri home cultivation license. Missouri cultivation license rules dictate that license holders can grow a limited amount of medical marijuana under specific growing conditions.
How Many Plants Can You Grow With A Medical Card In Missouri?
So, how many medical plants can I grow in MO? You can grow up to six flowering plants at a time if you hold a Missouri home cultivation license. At the same time, you can also have six nonflowering plants and six clones.
A maximum of two license-holders can grow their marijuana in one location (these people can be two patients, a patient and a caregiver, or two caregivers). In this case, 12 flowering plants may be grown in the space, along with 12 non-flowering plants and 12 clones.
If one of the patients is both a registered MMJ patient and also a registered caregiver, it is legal to grow a maximum of 18 flowering plants plus 18 nonflowering plants and 18 clones in the shared location.
How To Submit A Missouri Home Cultivation License Application
You submit a Missouri home cultivation license application alongside your application for a Missouri MMJ patient license. Applicants must first have a consultation with a licensed Missouri physician. This can be done via video call at the MMJRecs online clinic.
Once the applicant’s suitability for MMJ treatment is established, the applicant and physician must complete a Physician Certification Form. The completed form must be submitted, along with the necessary fee, to the Missouri Department of Health and Senior Citizens.
How Much Does It Cost To Get A Missouri Home Cultivation License?
A Missouri home cultivation license costs $100. This must be submitted along with the patient license fee of $25 during the application process.
Missouri Cultivation License Rules
- Cultivation must take place in an enclosed, locked facility. This can be indoors or outdoors but must be securely locked and only accessible to the license holder.
- No more than the legally allowed six flowering plants plus six non-flowering planets plus six clones can be grown per licensed holder at any one time.
- License holders may not grow MMJ for any other person unless they are a licensed caregiver to that other person.
- All home-cultivated MMJ must be labeled with the patient’s name, and their qualifying patient cultivation identification card with cultivation authorization must be displayed at the cultivation area in close proximity to the plants.
What Are The Qualifying Conditions For MMJ Treatment In Missouri?
You will qualify for medical marijuana treatment in Missouri if you have any of the following medical conditions:
- Alzheimer’s disease
- Crohn’s disease
- Chronic pain
- Hepatitis C
- Huntington’s disease
- Intractable migraines
- Lou Gehrig’s disease
- Multiple Sclerosis
- Opioid substitution
- Parkinson’s disease
- PTSD or other debilitating psychiatric disorders
- Tourette syndrome
- Sickle cell anemia
- Terminal illness
- A “chronic, debilitating, or other medical condition” that a physician decides would benefit from treatment with medical marijuana
Where Can You Buy Medical Marijuana Seeds In Missouri?
You can purchase high-quality marijuana seeds for home MMJ cultivation from Missouri seed banks. There are seed banks located across the state which you can visit in person or order from online.
Missouri also has almost 200 medical marijuana dispensaries that sell a wide range of medical marijuana products.
What MMJ Products Are Available In Missouri Dispensaries?
The following range of medical marijuana products are available in Missouri dispensaries:
- MMJ flower
- Topical creams, gels, and rubs
- Vape cartridges
How Much MMJ Can You Legally Possess In Missouri?
As well as cultivating up to six flowering plants at a time, medical marijuana patients in Missouri can also purchase up to four ounces of MMJ every 30 days from Missouri dispensaries.