How to Apply:
- REGISTER ON OUR WEBSITE for our MMJRecs Online Clinic with the link provided on this page.
- MAKE SURE TO CREATE A NEW PATIENT LOGIN after clicking the ‘Start Application’ at the bottom of the page or the ‘Register’ button at the top right corner. Fill out all your information and don’t forget to upload a photo of your valid driver’s license. Lastly, answer our simple, straightforward patient questionnaire created by our licensed physicians.
- CHAT WITH YOUR DOCTOR: All of our MMJ doctors are friendly, informed and willing to answer any questions you might have. Chat with our licensed physicians about any of your concerns or queries about the medical use of cannabis. Patient evaluations usually only take 5 – 10 minutes.
- WAIT FOR YOUR DOCTOR TO COMPLETE YOUR CERTIFICATION: You’ll receive your signed Iowa Medical Marijuana certification from one of our physicians via email within 2 business days after being approved as their medical cannabis patient.
- COMPLETE YOUR STATE REGISTRATION: If you are approved, you will need to fill out an online patient application for the medical marijuana program on the State of Iowa’s website. Once you’ve received your patient certification from our doctors, you will need to fill out an online patient application for the medical marijuana program on the Iowa State website. We will also send step-by-step instructions on how to do this, post-appointment, via email.
- PAY THE IOWA STATE APPLICATION FEE: Once you have completed the Online Patient Registration online application, submitted the practitioner certification form and all other required documentation (Iowa State ID Card), the online application fee must be paid to the Iowa Department of Public Health. Iowa State application fees are separate from you MMJRecs patient consultation. The standard state application fee is $100. There are reduced application fees for $25. You would need to include either, a copy of a Social Security Disability Benefit notice/SSDI notice, or a copy of proof of receipt of Supplemental Security Income Payment / SSI receipt, or a copy of a Iowa Medicaid member card, or a copy of Hawk-I member card.
- PRINT YOUR IOWA PATIENT CERTIFICATE: Once approved, the Iowa Department of Public Health will send out a temporary card via email, and your physical medical card to the address listed in your state application.
MMJRecs Online Clinic now offers Medical Marijuana Recommendations in Iowa for $149! (Not including $100 fee for Iowa State Application Fee)
Iowa Qualifying Conditions
- Chronic pain
- Cancer – if the illness or its treatment produces one or more of the following: severe or chronic pain, nausea or severe vomiting, cachexia or severe wasting.
- Crohn’s disease
- Multiple Sclerosis with severe and persistent muscle spasms
- AIDS or HIV (as defined in Iowa Code, section 141A.1)
- Amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS)
- Parkinson’s disease
- Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
- Any terminal illness with a probable life expectancy of under one year – if the illness or its treatment produces one or more of the following: severe or chronic pain, nausea or severe vomiting, cachexia or severe wasting
- Ulcerative colitis
- Severe, intractable pediatric autism with self-injurious or aggressive behaviors
- Severe, intractable autism with self-injurious or aggressive behaviors
- Corticobasal Degeneration