Having a Missouri MMJ card makes it easy and safe to purchase the medical marijuana (MMJ) products you need in the state of Missouri. MMJ has been fully legal in the state of Missouri since 2018, and the industry has gone from strength to strength. There are over 200 dispensaries in the state of Missouri, selling a wide range of MMJ products – from pre-rolls to edibles to oils.
Having a Missouri MMJ card is the only way to legally purchase these products. Missouri does not accept out-of-state cards, so you will need a specific Missouri MMJ card to buy the products you need. Luckily, the application process for a Missouri medical card is inexpensive and straightforward. If you’ve decided that this is the year that you’d like to try MMJ treatment, read on for our guide on how to get your Missouri MMJ card in 2022 – and all the benefits it can bring you.
What qualifies for medical marijuana in Missouri?
The conditions that qualify for a Missouri MMJ card include the following:
- Intractable migraines unresponsive to treatment
- Hepatitis C
- Huntington’s disease
- Sickle cell anemia
- Agitation of Alzheimer’s disease
- A chronic medical condition that would benefit from MMJ treatment rather than standard prescription medication that could lead to physical and/or physiological dependence
Other conditions that are considered terminal/chronic may also qualify for a Missouri MMJ card. Your Missouri state physician will discuss your current medical condition and medical history during your consultation to decide whether your condition would benefit from MMJ treatment.
What is the Missouri medical marijuana application process?
So how easy is it to get a medical card in MO? Luckily, it’s not difficult to get your Missouri medical card online if you have a qualifying condition. The process is simple and can be done entirely online from the comfort of your own home.
- Simply register online through the MMJRecs portal, which involves uploading a photo of your Missouri driver’s license and filling in a quick medical questionnaire.
- From there, you can arrange a consultation with a licensed state physician – this only takes about 10 minutes.
- If the physician decides that you would benefit from MMJ treatment, they will fill in and send you your certification form by email within 48 hours. You can use this form for your application for a Missouri MMJ card, by logging in through the Missouri medical marijuana online application page.
- Once your application has been logged by the state of Missouri, you will receive your Missouri MMJ card via email. Simply print this card and you can use it to purchase MMJ in the state’s dispensaries. Missouri does not issue physical cards, so this email print-out will be your ID. You will typically receive this email within 30 days.
The process is also inexpensive. The application fee for the Missouri MMJ card (paid to the state’s processing office directly) is currently just over $25 – this must also be paid again on renewal of your card. The fee for your online consultation through MMJRecs is an additional $129.99, but this will only be charged if you are deemed eligible for a Missouri MMJ card.
You can purchase up to four ounces of medical marijuana every 30 days in Missouri. You can also grow up to six flowering plants in your home. If you want to grow medical marijuana at home in Missouri, you must apply for an identification card from the Missouri Department of Health, which costs $100.
So is it legal to use medical marijuana in public in Missouri? According to Missouri MMJ law, medical marijuana can only be consumed in a private location in the state. It is illegal to consume MMJ in a vehicle or in a public place. It’s important that you respect this when you use MMJ, and ensure that you use it in a private area to stay within the law.
Medical marijuana can provide a wide range of benefits to those with a qualifying condition. It can offer pain relief as well as relaxing the body and mind. If you think you would benefit from MMJ, log in and start your journey with MMJRecs today!