Medical marijuana (MMJ) was fully legalized in New York in March 2021, when Governor Andrew Cuomo signed the Marijuana Regulation and Taxation Act (MRTA). This means that nowadays, it is easier than ever to avail of the MMJ products that you need with a valid NY MMJ card. Having a valid New York MMJ Card is the only legal and safe way to purchase MMJ products in the state. In the state of New York, an MMJ card also allows you to grow a limited amount of medical cannabis yourself. NY residents with a NY MMJ card can cultivate up to six plants in their own home.
MMJ is proven to help with numerous medical conditions. It offers pain relief and peace of mind for those with a qualifying condition. In New York, the following conditions qualify for a MMJ card (among others):
- HIV infection or AIDS
- Amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS)
- Parkinson’s disease
- Multiple sclerosis
- Spinal cord injury with spasticity
- Inflammatory bowel disease
- Opioid use disorder (only if enrolled in a treatment program pursuant to article 32 of the mental hygiene law)
- Huntington’s disease
- Chronic pain
There may be other qualifying conditions for a NY MMJ card. These can be discussed during your consultation with a licensed MMJRecs NY state physician.
The application process for a New York MMJ card typically involves the following steps:
- First, register with MMJRecs and create a patient login, providing some basic information and answering a short and simple questionnaire. You will also need to upload a copy of your NY driving license.
- You will then complete a 10-minute consultation online with a licensed MMJRecs state physician. During this consultation, the physician will discuss your medical condition and medical history and answer any questions you may have about MMJ and its effects.
- Your doctor will certify your application if they are assured that MMJ will help your medical condition.
- Once you have been approved by the physician, you will need to register with the NY Department of Health.
- You will then receive a temporary MMJ card to use for the next 30 days. This can be downloaded and printed so you can begin to purchase MMJ products at the state’s dispensaries along with your state ID.
- Your permanent NY MMJ card will arrive by mail in the following 3–10 days.
A New York patient drive can speed up the MMJ card application process. Read on to find out more.
What is a NY patient drive?
MMJ patient drives can help more people to access the medical marijuana they need. They are important for making MMJ more available to those who would otherwise struggle to make an appointment with a licensed state physician. So, what is a New York patient drive? Patient drives are like pop-up day events, during which many people can avail of quick and easy appointments for MMJ cards if they have a qualifying condition. MMJ evaluation patient drives can be hugely beneficial for those seeking MMJ cards in New York.
If you are a dispensary manager, New York patient drive events mean that patients can get their certification on the same day as their evaluation with a licensed state physician, and therefore can increase engagement with your dispensary. Any qualifying patient who attends a New York patient drive will not have to wait in crowded waiting rooms for an appointment, making the application and certification process quick and easy.
Want to organize a MMJ patient drive in NY?
MMJRecs can help you organize a successful and well-run MMJ patient drive in the state of New York. We can take on an unlimited amount of patients, so any qualifying patient who attends an evaluation drive can receive their NY MMJ certification on the same day as their appointment.
MMJRecs can ensure that your patient drive will not interfere with the day-to-day running of your business, as our team will manage the patient flow. Plus, newly certified patients will be able to immediately purchase from your dispensary.
All of the MMJRecs patient drive consultations will be carried out online. This process is quick and efficient. The MMJRecs team can help with your New York patient drive in the following ways:
- Keeping HIPAA-compliant records
- Delivering same-day results so your customers can get certified ASAP
- Managing patient flow so you can focus on your customers
- Providing the technology to sign up every qualifying patient who attends
- Custom integrations with your business
- Providing private URLs so that your dispensary is promoted on our website
- Ensuring the most affordable MMJ certification prices in the US
Read more about the process of organizing a New York patient drive right here!